This fortified house and bawn are set on Tully Point and were built for Sir John Hume who occupied the house until 1641 when it was attacked and burned on Christmas Eve by Rory Maguire and the inhabitants massacred. It was not lived in again.
There is a recreated 17th Century style garden for visitors to enjoy. A visitor’s centre, located in a restored farmhouse, houses an exhibition telling local stories relating to the castle.
1st Nov 2012 – 28th Feb 2013 12noon – 4pm Sun only
**Please note the Castle will be closed from Sunday 23rd December 2012 to Sunday 10th February 2013 and It will reopen on Easter Sunday 31st March 2013**
1st Mar – 31st Mar 2013 12noon – 4pm Sun only
Open exterior access.